Letting go.

Today is my last official "working" day at the office I've been in  for 11 years, in the clinic I founded in 2008. When we opened, it was part of a long-term plan.  We built,  they came, and I've been fortunate to have a very lovely and successful practice here, working alongside some of the best people I know. But I never expected to leave, so I wasn't prepared to "let go" in short order. Even though I know that I'm leaving this baby of mine in the best possible hands, it's still hard to wrap my head around it all.

But this is really just one of many things that we're having to let go of. The kids are letting go of teams, friendships, toys. They've sorted through the books and toys from their early childhood, and we've all had to ask ourselves "do we really need/want this?" many, many times.Much of the letting go has been good. Being faced with the question of having to either store or take an item around the world really forces you to question if you really want it.

Those who know me know that I'm a planner. So the biggest thing I've had to let go of is control.  I have absolutely no control of this move and it's not always easy.  It's crazy that we'll likely be there this time next month, but I don't know when we leave, where we'll be living or even where the kids will be going to school! That's a lot of unknowns for someone like me.

So, I'm going to try and "keep calm and let go" over the next few weeks. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Without a Car

Tips for first-time visitors to Europe (especially with kids).

The life of an expat is always being ready to make a (figurative) crash landing.